Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Decorating a product

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Susan Bellman

Susan Bellman

Decorating a product Empty
PostSubject: Decorating a product   Decorating a product EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:10 am

How is a product decorated? I have an idea but it has several colors on it and I have no idea how they get the decorations on it when its made.

Is it all hand painted?

Thanks

Susan.
Back to top Go down
Susan Bellman

Susan Bellman

PostSubject: Re: Decorating a product   Decorating a product EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:06 pm

I guess I could be more specific. I mean any product with a color on it. When I see figurines on the shelf and they may have a blue dress, holding multi- colored flowers. Do they all get hand painted, or can machines do this?

thank you
Back to top Go down
former mentor

PostSubject: Re: Decorating a product   Decorating a product EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi Susan,

Most people think there is some magic way to decorate products, but the fact is, decoration like you described is actually done by hand in most cases. Figures have to be hand painted simply because we have not invented machines that can do it. In the case of printing decoration many times that’s done with pad printing, or other techniques.

I’m not sure if Stephen has any over there, but there is a section here on manufacturing, and Stephen puts videos up on the different techniques. You may ask him to post some things on “Pad Printing” and “In-Mold Decorating” ….both are popular ways to decorate products.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decorating a product   Decorating a product Empty

Back to top Go down

Decorating a product
Page 1 of 1