Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Presentation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ted Meyers

Ted Meyers

Presentation Empty
PostSubject: Presentation   Presentation EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:22 pm

Do I need to have a working prototype for licensing my idea?
Will I get more money if I do have one? scratch

TY
Back to top Go down
Roger Brown

Roger Brown

Presentation Empty
PostSubject: Do I Need a Prototype for Licensing?   Presentation EmptySat May 30, 2009 1:56 am

It is better to have a prototype if possible for two reasons. One it helps give you proof of concept and two it gives the licensing company something tangible they can hold and do their own testing. I have to add that you can still get a product licensed without a prototype, especially if it is a concept that can be easily understood through a sell sheet or CAD drawings.
Make sure if you do have a prototype made that you do not send it to a company that has not instructed you to do so. Unsolictied materials can get lost, tossed out, misplaced etc. Can you afford to have another one built each time one is not returned? Making a video of your prototype working is another method of proof of concept that can be easily emailed or linked to on a private passworded page of your website only they have access too.
Back to top Go down

Presentation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: licensing Your Idea :: More Questions About Licensing-
Jump to: