Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

If I could only invest in one what should it be ??????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ali

ali

If I could only invest in one what should it be ?????? Empty
PostSubject: If I could only invest in one what should it be ??????   If I could only invest in one what should it be ?????? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:59 pm

When in a pinch and can only afford one of the following what should a new inventor choose ??

Prototype
CAD drawings
Sell Sheets

Mind you this inventor (me) has no graphics program on her computer so even sell sheets and CAD drawings need to be out sourced
Back to top Go down
former mentor

PostSubject: Re: If I could only invest in one what should it be ??????   If I could only invest in one what should it be ?????? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:31 am

Ali,

It really depends on the difficulty of your product.
If there is any question at all about if it will work or not then a Prototype by all means. However if it’s like a bowling ball, where you can clearly see it will work – then a sell sheet.

The CAD drawings are always going to be last place in my opinion.

If you are doing a sell sheet, make sure you do your homework on the important things that go into them…..you have one shot to look professional and make a great impression for your product.
Back to top Go down
Bill Goldblatt

Bill Goldblatt

PostSubject: Re: If I could only invest in one what should it be ??????   If I could only invest in one what should it be ?????? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 4:38 pm

What have you already done? Technically, none of these places are "where you should start."

Even aside from that, do you have any strategy? If for example you were planning to make some contacts at a trade show, perhaps business cards would be a higher priority than any of those things.

Also, a sell sheet or something like it typically will come before a prototype or even a CAD drawing, even where a situation requires one of the two. The whole purpose of that is to make an impression and get a foot in the door. Without a foot in the door the prototype is probably useless, and a prospect might not be impressed by CAD drawings. But then there's the whole issue where, maybe taking care of a prototype first helps you output a better sell sheet as you would be able to take a picture of the prototype...

Also, ultimately, if you have enough money to work with and have a lot invested in your outcome, you might as well go and invest in all three. If you are on a tight budget and have about ten other inventions in the backdrop, why bother with anything but the sell sheet (or something like one, like a short .PPT presentation).

Lastly, not having graphics programs on your computer is nothing more than an excuse. There are free Graphics programs out there (i.e. The Gimp, Irfanview) and PowerPoint alternatives (i.e. Open Office). The reason you choose to outsource a sell sheet (or something like it) is because you lack faith in your design skills and/or you just don't have the time to put something together yourself.

- Bill
bill@criteriondynamics.com
www.criteriondynamics.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I could only invest in one what should it be ??????   If I could only invest in one what should it be ?????? Empty

Back to top Go down

If I could only invest in one what should it be ??????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Questions About Inventing :: Where Should I Start?-
Jump to: