Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

Inventing a Retail Product Step # 12a

Go down 
AuthorMessage
former mentor

Inventing a Retail Product Step # 12a Empty
PostSubject: Inventing a Retail Product Step # 12a   Inventing a Retail Product Step # 12a EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:31 am

I’ve got 6 test stores signed up -a bit of a mix, and located in different parts of the city. They have all agreed to put in a single 12 piece clip strip of product on the appropriate aisle and let me keep filling it for 60 days.

Since we never really know where the consumer is going to latch onto a product we like to present them in different retail environments so the mix I selected looks like this.

2 General retailers

1 Gas Station

1 Convenience store

1 Auto Parts store

1 Drive through

When the seed order comes in we’ll place this test product and simply count each part in every store once a week. After 8 weeks we should see a pattern develop that tells us if the product is selling, and in what environment the consumers are relating to it best.

Meanwhile, the next round of samples came in from Patricia, and they look great.

I’ve placed a seed order of just 1000 pieces. The bad news is this 1000 piece seed order is going to cost me $2.65 per unit. But the good news is the new landed on 10,000 units has gone down to $1.12 landed.
Back to top Go down

Inventing a Retail Product Step # 12a
Page 1 of 1