Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

How long does it usually take to get an answer ???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ali

ali

How long does it usually take to get an answer ??? Empty
PostSubject: How long does it usually take to get an answer ???   How long does it usually take to get an answer ??? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:41 pm

I have sent my first invention to licensing companies only twice so far. The first submission was a No within 48 hours.

The second time was almost 3 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten an answer. I know patience is key here and I've been working on other ideas while I wait.

My question is...what is the average wait time before getting a yes or no ???

If I don't hear back in another week or 2 should I assume it's a no and move on???

Thank You
Back to top Go down
Roger Brown

Roger Brown

How long does it usually take to get an answer ??? Empty
PostSubject: Licensing Companies   How long does it usually take to get an answer ??? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 am

There is no set time for a company to respond. Normally when I contact a company and make arrangements to send them one of my sell sheets I always ask "what is your normal response time?". I will wait a week past the time they told me before I start calling them. As an example Progressive International that produces kitchen products only reviews submissions the first week of every month. So, depending when you sent your submission to them you could be waiting a month before they even look at it and then another week before they respond.
If I was paying the company to review my submission as is the case with most Invention Submission Companies I would expect a more formal timeline for response.

Last edited by Roger Brown on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling LOL)
Back to top Go down

How long does it usually take to get an answer ???
Page 1 of 1