Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

how to start with small amounts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
heather31

how to start with small amounts Empty
PostSubject: how to start with small amounts   how to start with small amounts EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:28 pm

I'm currently in the stage of designing my packaging. I'm looking for clear box w/ my own design printed on it.
here's the problem. it seems that no packaging company will even consider talking to me unless my order is at least so many thousand pieces.
If I am first trying to create a piece to show retailers- so that I can sell my product, how can I get them to produce a small run for me? is this possible?
Back to top Go down
former mentor

how to start with small amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to start with small amounts   how to start with small amounts EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi Heather,

The best thing to do is to purchase pre-made packaging from suppliers as blanks, then take it to a local silk-screen company and ask them to screen it for you. You can also purchase clear ink jet sheets with adhesive on them to print a label yourself. You want it to look good when you show it to a buyer, but they understand you can’t have thousands of them made to start.

When you get to a point that you are manufacturing them for a retailer you will be able to dial in the exact materials with the factory producing the finished parts.
Back to top Go down

how to start with small amounts
Page 1 of 1